Sunday, March 21, 2010

Building Strength....the Diva Way

I recently did some volunteer work at a local womens shelter by helping to hang drywall in one of their new family rooms.  The soreness the next day reminded me of the physical nature of the work I plan to do.

Whether Divatude comes naturally or not, everyone can benefit from a strong fitness plan.

After a thorough search for the best buff for my buck, I have decided to go with 24Hour Fitness.  Besides the obvious perk of being able to 'get my buff on' at all hours of the day, the variety of classes defintely piqued my interest.  They have everything a diva could want--strength training, yoga/pilates, dance (can't wait to Zumba!), kickboxing, cycling, water training....you name it and it can probably be found there. PLUS, a basketball gym, lap pool, sauna and whirlpool. AND of course, the obligatory free weights, cardio machines and circuit training.

Construction work is physical work, and being in shape is a requirement for anyone seeking to make their way. For women, this is even more necessary, as many of the men encountered will have preconcieved  ideas about your abilities anyway.  Be ready to put in your 10 to 12 hour days, and another 2 at the gym.  In the long run, your efforts will pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

question? comment? leave it here....